Welcome to the 13th International Symposium on Electrokinetics (ELKIN)
to be held at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
June 12-14, 2019
Martin Z. Bazant, Organizer of ELKIN 2019 @ MIT
on behalf of the ELKIN Scientific Advisory Board
Abstract submission is now closed.
Registration is now open. “Early Bird” rate was until April 12 .
Check this site for updates on registration and scientific program, which will include two commemorative sessions:
– Fundamentals of Colloid Science: A Tribute to J. Hans Lyklema (1930-2017).
– Electrokinetic instabilities: A Celebration of the 70th Birthday of Isaak Rubinstein
and several co-sponsored sessions:
– 3rd International Symposium on Physics of Membrane Processes @ MIT, June 14, 2019, co-sponsored by the PMP working group,
– Electrokinetic Nanofluidics, with the CENT Energy Frontier Research Center
– Electrokinetics for the oil and gas industry, co-sponsored by Aramco
– Other general sponsors of ELKIN @ MIT include the International Society of Electrochemistry and the American Electrophoresis Society